Suffering from knee pain

My left knee does not bend without pain. The outside of my knee hurts, as does the inside of the joint itself.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jan 2010

Anyone out there with any advice or insight?  I played football last night, did not take any direct hits, but am having a hard time walking today.  When I am sitting and my knee is at rest, it hurts like crazy if I put it in certain positions, with certain pressures.  I'm wondering if I should just go see a doctor, or if I may just have a sore joint due to running hard last night. 

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Atul Wankhede's  Response
Seems early arthritis, or even advanced. Need to see x rays or even MRI. Try Syn Visc One. Might help if its early stages. Avoid painkillers. Solve the problem and not the symptoms, you might require replacement eventually.
Good luck
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Mathew Varghese's  Response
Hello, you have not mentioned your age, weight and occupation. It likely to have Osteo arthritis of the left knee joint. Check X-ray and MRI along with clinical examination. If you are obese reduce your weight. Deep heat, strengthening exercises to your thigh muscles and knee joint manipulation will help you.