Suffering from itching on the face and constipation immediately after childbirth. Have hypertension. Chances of liver problem?

My wife was admitted to the hospital for being pre-eclamptic and had to deliver the baby early via c section at 33 weeks and 1 day. The baby was delivered with no problems, and has been breathing on his own with no oxygen assistance needed. Yesterday my wife was really itchy on her face, and she developed a problem when trying to have a bowel movement . The stool was stuck in the rectum and she could not get it to pass. They are now saying she has an issue with the blood work on her liver, and she has really high blood pressure. She is not showing any symtoms though, any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013