Suffering from ischemic leukoencephalopathy. Is there any chance to develop dementia ?

\My 65 year old mother hears clanging bells (like church bells) in the am when she wakes that has progressively gotten worse. We took her for an MRI which found relatively moderate and multiple white matter lesions . The impression was that she has Relatively advanced ischemic leukoencephalopathy . All the physician said was that she had pin strokes . Can you explain and tell us more? Will she develop dementia? Please help!
Asked On : Fri, 16 Sep 2011