Suffering from inner eye infection,severe headache, vomiting and no appetite. Could this be anything other than a viral infection ?

Hello Doctor , my mother fell ill last Friday; she was on amoxcillin the following week for an inner ear infection. She has been having fevers, feeling cold and hot successively, really bad headaches and body aches, vomitting and no apetite, she has had a rash and night sweats , and her eyes also appear to be red. Another doctor last night started her on a different antibiotic. Since it has been 6 days now, how much longer could this go on? She seems to have worsened over the past 2 days viral infection.I m concerned this may lead on to other complications, as she also has high blood pressure medication. She s taking so many pills with no food! What are the things I should be concerned about? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011