Suffering from hypothyroidism. Having pain at thyroid area of neck, feels pain to swallow. Any suggestions?

I am a 41 yr old female with hypothyroidism . For the last 3-4 days I have been having pain at the cricoid/thyroid area of my neck . When I swallow I feel the pain, when I extend and flex the neck I feel the pain. Also (to me) the left side of the thyroid feels notibly swollen. I have had a goiter since I was a child, but the swelling is more noticable. I just had my levels checked and they are WNL. Any suggestions???
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012