Suffering from hypertension and arthritis. Have dry mouth and heavy tongue. Taking provanol and redorlix and depran. Why anti-depressant was prescribed?

Hi Doctor, my mom consulted a neurologist today. She suffers from high b.p and arthritis generally. 12 years back she had bleeding from he nose. Doctor said it happened due to high bp one of the nerves got broken. Currently she feels pain in her nerves of leg and back. Leg leg pain in nerves is extreme. Near he belly button she has pain after eating. Around 11 am everyday her head gets very heavy. Tongue gets heavy and she also gets dry mouth. Can t retain much of conscious. She feels like closing her eyes. It s gets better in afternoon. 2 days back she lost her full conscious. She was not able to utter a word to call anyone for help. Also ouldn move. She consulted a neurologist on my behest in India and He gave he the following medicine- 1 antacid , 1 bp medicine, provanolsr 40 and redorlix , depran 10 mg . Could you tell me why he has given my mother anti depressants? Also if you possibly tell what has happened t my mother and what should be doing to treat her?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012