Suffering from hypertension and BP fluctuations. Done Lipid profile test. Taking Amlong. Should I take this medicine or it can be controlled through exercise and diet?

Hello doctor, My age is 32 years and I am diagnosed with hypertension . My baseline BP at the clinic is 140/90 to 150/100, but when I check with a home BP cuff it fluctuates between 110 to 130s systolic and 70 to 80s diastolic. Not sure if my BP cuff is showing correct readings. My doctor prescribed me Amlong 2.5 mg to be taken once a day. Should I continue this drug for life or is it possible to bring it back under control by exercise and diet. I was basically sedentary for more than 6 months to 1 year. I had my lipid profile checked and the reading are as follows: Total cholesterol 190, triglycerides 176, HDL 46, LDL 107, VLDL 35. My height is 5 feet 4 inches and I weigh 55 kg. What is your advice. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012