Suffering from hyper acidity. Not responding to medication. Do I need to go for endoscopy to rule out ulcer?

i am 21 yrs old , and am suffering from hyper acidity.I ve been having the symptoms for more than 2 months now but i ve confirmed it with doc just 2 weeks ago and came to know that hyper acidity is my problem.But initially i have consulted a different doctor who has given me the same tablets as of my new doc.having eaten the same set of tablets for past 2 months now,i lost faith that tabs may work .should i go for endoscopy or further checkng to know if i have ulcer ?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012