Suffering from hives outbreaks. Took steroid shots. Reddish swollen patches on the legs and body. How to find out what I am allergic to?

Hello, I have had hives for a little over 2months now. I have been to the er many times and all they do is give me a steriod shot and send me on my way. They are raised and from my knee sown to my ankles swells bad and these red patches on my legs are painful and hard to walk sometimes. they will later turn into bruses. These hives occure on my face, front and back of my neck my arms chest breasts legs stomach all over. Been taking benadryl and i think i am immuned to it. I have tried cream and it makes it really worse. I have also been to the dr and didn t get no where. they took blood from me to see if they can find out what im allergic too. i hear u can t tell through that. Gotta have a patch test. I m not sure whats wrong with me. Can you please help me out? sincerely,Stacy
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013