1. what was the culprit of those hives
2. you haven't mentioned the age of your daughter, because in children commonest cause of hives is viral infection.
3. you didn't mentioned what were the side effects noted for which medication/treatment was discontinued?
usually cause a gain in weight by causing fluid retention, redistribution of fat, but a lot of weight is a bit of concern so consult with your health care provider or with an endocrinologist
5. If you have discontinued (short course), the effects are temporary and will stop.
6. take low salt(sodium) and high potassium diet which will control fluid retention.
7.Avoid processed sugars and simple carbohydrates instead take high protein and low fat diet.