Suffering from high fever, body ache and chills. Developed rashes and swelling in wrist. Cause for symptoms?

2 weeks ago with no symptons I had chills and aches and pains in my arms and legs out of no where, when to bed and woke a couple of hours later with very high fever , next morning apart from the aches and pains and being lethargic , I was ok, this has been the same for the last 2 weeks. Yesterday I woke up with rash on my legs and arms and even though the rash hasn t gotten worse I now have swelling in my wrists and feet and the rash is starting to feel itchy in different places... DR said doesnt know my blood pressure was 105/65- He said if I get a fever to go back
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013