Suffering from high fever and stomach ache, difficulty in burping. Is it an infection?

My daughter is having a high fever and stomach ache..She feels difficulty in burping. Once she burps her stomach pain is relieved for few minutes but it again comes back. is this stomach infection or indigestion of food? she is having normal motion and no vomitting. Chills are observed at times..its been 48 hours she is under calpol
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013

Getting relieved after burping might be due to indigestion or other reasons like Gastritis, gastroesophageal refux etc. But as you mentioned that she is having high fever, chills and stomach pain, there can be possibility of various things like urinary tract infection, appendicitis, gastroenteritis etc.

Take Care!