Suffering from high BP. Taking coversyl plus, side effects of black stools, blood in vomit. Should I continue this medication?

I am a 26 year old male who has been told i have high blood pressure . I have been prescribed coversyl plus for this but have not been told what is causing my blood pressure to be so high. Since I started taking the medication I have noticed certain symptoms that I have had in the past are getting worse. I have had black stools and last night vomited blood. (small amount) Should I seek medical treatment or wait and see if it goes away on its own?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012