Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
is a relatively safe medication even for log term use. However, it can have mild interactions when taken with othe medication. Moreover, as you get older and as your kidney
functions decrease, there may be more pronounced side effects. In whatever case, when you can avoid medication by following dietary and lifestyle medication, that would be the best and safest approach. I would suggest the following remedial and preventive measures:
1) Avoid foods that cause gastric irritation like spicy foods, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, etc. Smoking
and alcohol are also gastric irritants.
2) Eat at regular intervals and avoid delaying meals.
3) Increase the fibre content in your diet - take more of vegetables and fruits.
4) Avoid eating outside; especially avoid all kinds of junk food and fast foods.
5) Try to have a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and proper sleep habits.
5) Try to avoid stress
and try relaxation methods like deep breathing, meditation
Dr. Sheeba Stephen