Suffering from heart palpitations. Heart pain, profusely sweating after exercise. Specialist help required?

Hi, my partner is a 37 year old man and has been suffering from heart palpitations recently, his heart beats very fast and heard even when he s sleeping (usually around 85bpm), he s had some heart pains, especially after exercise, and has profuse sweating during and slow recovery from exercise. he s not overweight and is otherwise well . he s been to see his gp but got fobbed off - i m concerned that he needs to see a cardiologist . any advice please?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013