Suffering from headaches, jaw and neck pain, blurred vision. History of stroke. Treatment?

Hello. I am a 34 y/o female with hx of CVA and SVT. I had a PFO closure following the CVA and have been told I should no longer worry about having another stroke , despite the fact that an atrial/septal aneurysm still remains. I have also been having frequent (near daily) headaches that are accompanied by vision changes and light sensitivity for the past year. I have been on Verapamil for migraine prophylaxis for approx 2 wks, but have not noticed any relief yet. Three days ago, I experienced sudden onset of a severe headache, jaw and neck pain , mild nausea and blurriness and haziness in only the right eye. I also experienced some language difficulty (word finding and using improper words) following the onset of the headache. I wrote it off to a migraine, as I ve been told they can cause stroke-like symptoms. My headache continued yesterday and I began experiencing extreme nausea, dizziness and a motion-sick type feeling even when not moving. As the day went on, I began feeling frequent heart palpatitations (fluttering/thunking feeling) that lasted only a few seconds each. The symptoms continued today with increased photophobia and vision changes in both eyes. The vision changes (a feeling as if I am going in and out of focus) seem to correspond with the heart palpitations and only last a second or two. I do not want to make another trip to the ER for a simple headache, but want to make sure I am making the right decision due to my history of stroke. I have some minor concern that my experience three days ago could have been a TIA and that these continued symptoms are somehow related. I am just looking for some guidance on how to proceed. Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  103 Awaiting Answer