Suffering from headache, dizziness, feel pins and needle in hand, addicted to smoking and drinking. Cause for symptoms?

my partner is 50 he smokes 20 day and drinks about 4 pints of lager on a night. He recently had trouble swallowing meat feels like it is getting stuck in his throat , He has headaches everyday constantly tired, has had a cough for about a year and over the past two months feels dizzy and gets pins and needles in his hands. He is generally in good health and has not been to the doctors for about a year.He runs his own business so I thought it was stress but all of his symptoms are getting worse and I am extremely worried
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Your concern is well-founded as the symptoms that you have described may be related to some serious complications of heavy smoking and alcohol intake. Your partner should consult a physician and get a thorough medical check-up done, including at least routine blood investigations and an Xray chest.

Best wishes.