Suffering from hair fall. Prescribed minoxidil. Does it cause erectile dysfunction?

Hi Doctor, I am 27 yrs old & am suffering from hairfall. My doctor has advised me Finasteride & Minoxidil . I told him I cant take Finasteride because of sexual side effects. Then he adviced me to start Minoxidil 5% as it doesn t have any sexual side effects. But there are a lot of people reportinng on the internet about ED from minoxidil use. Now are these internet rumours or is there a real chance for this to happen. Pls advice as I don t want to maintain hair at the cost of libido.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012