Suffering from gynecomastia, areola looks puffy and hard. Why?

Hi doctor, i am 25 and has been suffering from gynecomastia since i was about 14.It makes my areola appear to be puffy but looks perfectly normal when my areolas are hard.Im not over weight ,taking any medications or on any drugs for that matter.i also exercise which helps build my confidence back just a bit but still the problem remains.This is very embarrising to me and id like to know if gynexin would work or is surgery the only way.Thanks, Docs i cant wait to hear your answers but for now ill continue to pray.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013