Suffering from gastric problems, sometimes feels like throat is blocked

Hello. My mum is 50 years old and she is suffering from gastric problems. Sometimes, she feels that her throat is blocked and this is difficult for her. She eats mint sweets when she has her throat blocked so that this can help her a bit. She cannot drink orange or lemon juices or eats oranges etc as she says she will again suffer from this blocked throat. This is really disturbing for her as she feels sick when she has the blocked throat. Is there any way or any medecines that can help her? She cannnot take medcines that contain acids as then she suffers from stomach pains. Can you please tell me why she feels the throat blocked and if there is any treatment for that?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011