Suffering from gas, abdominal pain. On birth control pills. Any idea what is causing this?

For the past 5 days, I have been experiencing extreme amounts of intestinal gas when I go to bed at night. No other symptoms, just an enormous amount of gas that is trapped. The only reliable way to get it out of my system is to trigger my gag reflex, which often ends in vomiting. The next day when I wake up I ve been fine again, and then it comes back when i go to bed. I ve tried everything I can think of to stop it- changing diet to avoid fats and carbs and fiber , cutting out soda , drinking hot drinks (lemon tea, fennel tea), probiotics (Schiff s Digestive Advantage Gas Defense), and taking beano before meals. No food seems to make it better or worse, though, and none of what I ve taken seems to help. Last night, the situation became much worse than usual, with pretty bad upper abdominal pain . Unlike the past few days, I still had a lot of painful gas when I woke up this morning and my stomach still hurts. Aside from that I have no other symptoms (no diarrhea or constipation, normal bowel movements, normal urination). I am a 22 year old female with no family history of anything that could explain this (IBS, IBD , anything autoimmune , any kind of cancer, any ulcers ), no significant illnesses in the past, and no allergies to food or medications. The only drug I take regularly is birth control, which I ve been on for 5 years with no problems. I can t think of anything that could possibly cause this. Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013