Suffering from frequent urges to urine, back pain, increased creatinine. Could it be kidney infection?

i have just had a blood test and urine analysis which has shown my blood creatinine level to be 73 with estimated GFR of 75 previous reading have shown between 73-85 - however my urine analysis showed up an albumin/creatinine ratio to be 6.26 with urine creatinine of 1756 -a week ago it showed up at 4. About 30 years ago i got nephrotic syndrome from strep infection i have never had a recurrence but my filtration was slightly damaged but the kidney function has been performing ok to now . over the last week i have recently been suffering from frequent urges to go pass urine, pain in my lower back, fatigue and generally feeling unwell i have noticed slight frothy consistency to my urine - i did think that i may have UTI but the dip stick showed up negative on all counts of protein, blood and white cells - the culture is awaited. i am very concerned that i may have a recurrence of nyphretis as i was fluey recently but i had a throat swab which was negative for strep . Up to now recently i have been symptom free from kidney problems i am monitored by a nephrologistDo you think that i could have a kidney infection /uti which is driving increase in creatinine and albumin ? many thanks for your advice
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013