Suffering from fever, nauseas and loose stools, developed pins and needle in fingers. Is it normal?

Hi, I have what I believe to be the flu , I m now on the men s but two days ago, everything seemed to peak, my temperature soared I felt faint, nauseous & felt as though I was going to loose control of my bowels. I safely made it to the toilet when I broke out into a hot sweat & then my hands & arms developed pins & needles but to such a degrees fingers seized up completely. It did ease off after about 10 mins but really did scare me... Is this normal for flu?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013