Suffering from febrile seizures. Prescibed encorate, eptoin. MRI, CT scan normal. Safe mediction for long term use?

Dear Doctor, My kid is just one year old.He is a preterm baby.Recently two times he had febrile seizure . The first one was so prolong and second one was of about one minute. We conducted all test including CT Scan , MRI etc and found everything is normal. But due to the pre term history doctor prescribed Encorate and Eptoin . Does it have any serious side effects. Encorate has to be continued for next 2 years and eptoiin for a week. please advise
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013