Suffering from fat malabsorption, getting migraine,dizziness and vomiting. Advised with Zen-pep but not satisfied with treatment

My wife 38 y/o was diagnosed recently with fat malabsorption . Prior to this she was hospitalized twice but those hospitals could not diagnose what she had at the time.She has been having chronic lower left abd pain that doesn t go away since July 2010 for about 7-8 mths and along with that she either vomits everytime she eats or diarrea or both at the same time. She constantly feels tired and dizzy and even if she is laying in bed she is dizzy also has fevers and migraine type headaches.She has also passed out on the floor. She is losing weight rapidly and by looking at her she looks sick,her eyes look sunk in and her skin is flushed and patches under her eyes.6 years ago she underwent laparatomic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and her GI doctor said that usually you go through malabsorption early on after the surgery not this late,The medicines he prescribed for her she still could not tolerate it which was Zenpep and she still having diarrea right after eating and vomiting And also Creon and she could not tolerate that one either.She is losing weight rapidly and she is not digesting food properly I am getting scared of what this is doing to her health.Her GI doctor had gave her an option of maybe trying to get her surgery reversed he said it sometimes difficult but it can be done,My wife is dead set against it because she doesn t have a guarantee that will be effective and also getting cut into again. COULD SOMEONE OUT THERE GIVE US ANY IDEA OR MAYBE GUARANTEED OPTIONS WE COULD TRY I AM GETTING WORRIED AND AFRAID OF MY WIFE HEALTH!!!
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011