Welcome to Health Care Magic
or seizures are usually idiopathic, and most of the imaging tests come normal. EEG is done to ascertain the nature of electrical discharge in brain and even it comes normal in a lot of people with seizures. Medicines are available for seizures and results are very nice, medicines like Phenatoin (eptoin
, Sodium Valporate, Levatricetam etc are few of drugs used in epilepsy. Eptoin is a broad spectrum anti epileptic drug and is comparatively cheaper in cost also, and very effective. But for proper therapy few things to be kept in mind-
- Timing of medicine should be fixed and there should be no missed doses as it may precipitate seizure.
- If she misses to take medicine at scheduled time, then medicine to be given ASAP when ever she come to know about missed dose.
- Late night awakening should be avoided.
- Watching TV at night, bright lights, loud music should be avoided.
- Proper balanced nutrition is must for her.
- Medicines will take time to act, so believe in treatment.
- Medicines are usually advised for at least 3 years in seizure patients, don't stop medicines against the advise of doctor.
As you have mentioned that she is having seizures even on Eptoin 100 mg per day, then you should visit your neurologist
for expert opinion regarding proper dose adjustments.