Suffering from epilepsy. Getting fits at night. Taking oxitol 600 mg and lobozam 10 mg. How long should I take medicine?

Doctor, I am suffering from epilepsy . I am getting fits in the night times while in sleep only for about 5 minuets and I make sounds and I will not come into consciousness though my parents try and I am aged now 56 years and I got the first stroke at the age of 50. I am taking oxitol 600 mg twice a day and lobozam 10 mg in the night. My doctor suggest I should continue the medicine till it cures. Please suggest me way out
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012