Suffering from dry cough, difficulty while breathing. Taken antibiotics. Suggest a good treatment?

Hi! Starting with December I have had an old sinusitis , again! I got 2 series of antibiotics and it has been calmed down. Afterwards, I got crackles, on expiration, I can hear without stethoscope(for me seems to be because extra mucus from trachea and bronchi). I used to smoke until 2 years ago when I quit). I have dry cough like smoker s coughing especially when I am laid down/back. When I doing exercises I am starting coughing and I have difficulties to breath. What should I do ? I tried without any improvement: session of Xyzal, and prednisone .
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012