Suffering from dry cough and chest pain. Extremely burping and unable to digest the food. Is it due to Romilstat tab?

Hi, my mother has been having a dry cough for years. Everyone has been giving her cough injections , syrup. Recently she has started with chest pains on eating, sometimes swallowing . They lasted a few days. She has also been burping extremely badly and cannot digest food well, alongwith passing gas. I noticed the doctor has given her Romilast tablet which I ve found out is for asthama. Is that correct? I was thinking more along the lines of esophagus disorder?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013