Suffering from discomfort in hip, have to limp. What is the cause?

HI I am suffering discomfort in my right hip, but only after 5 miles road running... it goes once I stop. It returned again on another run a few days later only after 5 miles again, causing me to limp a bit and try to change my footing. I am female and 41 years old and have always exercised since a child. Hope this is enough info
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi ,
Discomfort in your right hip seems to be muscular in nature. It might develop due to excessive running or exercise. I suggest you to give some rest from running. Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful.
Hope this will helps you.
Warm regards
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon