Suffering from diarrhea, abdominal pain, runny nose, cough and cold. Suggestions?

im 23 i have been recently experiencing pain in my stomach with diaherria and it hurts when i walk and cough right now i have a small cold with runny nose and sneezing . But the pain in my syomach seems to get worse after i eat. When i move the pain is almost unbearable. The pain is in the middle of my stomach until i cough and its right below my belly button can u help me?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Jessica ,hello.
Pain in stomach along with diarrhoea may be due to intestinal infection that you are having.
You should take antibiotic, antiamoebic along with antiemetic and antacids for your intestinal infecton.
You should take antihistaminic for your cold and sneezing.
It is advisable that you take the medicines only under medical suoervision after getting yourself examined and investigated.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Thanks and take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Nupur K's  Response
Hello Jessica,

You are probably suffering from gastroenteritis. You should consult a physician. You have protozoal infection due to which you are passing loose stools, the cramps are because of it and gastritis. Take plenty of water, fluids and soups to keep yourself adequately hydrated. Avoid getting dehydrated else you may need IV fluids. After consultation with your GP you may take anti-protozoals/amebicides or the required medicines. You may have to get stool test ( R/E and C/S ) done. It is important for you to get examined clinically for tenderness or any other clinical findings.

You also have allergic rhinitis, anti-allergics will be of help to you. Do not get anxious, take rest.