Suffering from diabetes, scheduled to have ventral incisional hernia with removal of all old marlex meshes. What complications can be expected?

I am scheduled to have major surgery in about two weeks. I have a ventral incisional hernia . The doctor wants to remove all the old marlex mesh (about 3 pieces). This means a reopening for the 3rd time my old incision. I have not had any problems with hernias until a few months ago. To repair this hernia, a plastic surgeon will be cutting free my external obliques and moving them toward the center of my abdomen . What complications can I expect from this surgery. I am diabetic, (type II) and 65 years old.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012