Suffering from depression, tinnitus, dry eyes. Taking citalopram. Lower dosage?

I am a 62 yr young female, who has taken citalopram 40 mg for several years, and it works well for my depression . After reading online that they now say people over 60 should not take 40 mg any longer because of heart issues, and to drop to 30 mg, I need some professional advice. Will 30 mg be enough to address the depression? I also have severe tinnitus in both ears (maddening) and dry eyes . Is this a side affect? Would another brand be safer with less side affects? Thank you for your advice.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012