Suffering from depression, sleeplessness. Stopped medication. How to get rid of the stress?

hii have deppression i have been to the doctors and was on medication for my depression and lack of sleep all the medication did was make me sleep most of the day so i stopped taking it now my stress levels have gone up and i have to get up and go to do things above all im being forced back to work by one of these new companys set up that are ment to help me but all they are doing is making me more stressed is there something i can take or ask my doctor for to help me calm down and get me moving again
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013