Suffering from depression, confusion, emotional, anxiety. Taking zanax. How long will I feel this?

I am 60 years old, I have been smoking pot nearly every day for over 40 years, and have not smoked it now for about a month. I am suffering depression , lack of sleep, confusion, emotional all the time, crying,sometimes every thing seems surreal,I have also been on zanax for 15 years, but find that it is the only thing that helps the anxiety go away.I have been told by several Docters notto try to stop taking the zanax now, as it could do more harm than good,How long will I feel like this, I have not relapsed and am determion never to smoke pot again.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013