Suffering from depression. Taking levothyroxine for thyroid. Is depression associated with thyroid?

IS THERE ANY SIGNS OF DEPRESSION ASSOCIATED WITH A THYROID CONDITION. MY DR. JUST STARTED ME ON LEVOTHYOXION IN DEC. AND ABOUT A MONTH AGO I HAVE NOTICED THAT I CRY AND AM SAD MORE MOST OF THE TIME. I ALSO JUST RETIRED AFTER CHRISTMAS AND WENT SOUTH FOR 3 MONTHS AND NOW AM BACK HOME. MY HUSBAND WAS KILLED 7 YEARS AGO THIS JUNE AND I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET OVER IT. I GO TO CHURCH BUT END UP CRYING ABOUT EVERY SUNDAY AT CHURCH.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013