Suffering from delusional parasitosis , paranoia and persecution after using methamphetamine. Swollen ankles. Has kidney or heart been affected?

I have a friend of 35 years, who started smoking meth about a year ago. I haven t seen her in a long time, but when I went to visit, I noticed that her ankles are very swollen, so swollen, that she can t even wear shoes. She is also suffering from delusional parasitosis , paranoia and persecution. What s most alarming, is her lack of empathy and her total self-involvement. This woman s father left her some money when he passed away, and so, she is able to stay at home and function, but she has become ostracized or cut-off from everyone she knows. I live 350 miles away, so ours is a long distance friendship. Again, her ankles are very swollen and I wonder if it might be her heart or kidneys?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012