Suffering from cystitis. On medication, no relief. How long will it take to cure?

Hi doctor. Thursday this week i got cystitis , and friday morning i went to the doctor and got some medicin. The doctor said I should call him back if it didn t get any better until monday. Now it s sunday evening and i can t really feel any difference, i have to take my last 2 pills this evening, so I hope it will get better until tomorrow morning. Is it normal it takes so many days until it gets better, or? because last time i had cystitis (1 1/2 month ago) it only took a day before the pain was gone.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012