Suffering from crampy stomach pain with gas.

About a month ago I started to work out for about 40-45 minutes (I have been increasing time lately). For the past week I have had stomach cramps starting at around 6 at night and not ending until I wake up the next morning. The pain varies from "hunger cramps" to cramps that create gas. I try eating but the cramps still do not go away. My period is also 8 days late. What is wrong and what can I do? Is it because of my working out? Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 1 Nov 2009
The most common cause for Cramps is dehydration at cellular level. Dehydration would be the loss of water and the nutrients and minerals. Take at least 4-5 liters of water during the day, add minerals to the water you consume, simple table salt will help, just a pinch of it to 1 liter of water. If your problem still persists then we would suggest that you see the Surgeon in this regard. Though there are other reasons for the cramps that you have, the one we typically see is dehydration.