Suffering from contact dermatitis on scrotum and penis. Have nerve irritation due to the overuse of steroid creams. Can I use lactic acid based cream?

Dear I want to use a lactic acid 5% cream with urea on my scrotum and penis skin(on a thin skin under the head).In the past i was using strong steroids creams on the same skin for a problem of contact dermatitis .Now my skin has become more thin and i have a problem of nerve irritation there.So i have listen that a lactic acid based cream will reverse my skin back and will decrease the hypersensitivity of nerves.Would this cream will be best on genital area or not? Kindly give me your opinion.Thankyou. Regards,
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012