Suffering from constipation, swollen legs. Have Diabetes and kidney infection. Suggestion?

hello! this question is about my grandma.she is 69 years old and she was admitted in an hospital for following reasons (1) Diabetes (2) kidney infection . checking her reports doctor advised her not to have fruits,now its almost after 3 months she gets constipation and swollen legs plus some body pain. therefore i just wanted an advice regarding this matter since the advice of her doctor is not of satisfactory thereby i need your opinion.I hope that you will be able to give an answer for my question.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012