Suffering from constipation right from birth, giving him Cremaffine with various other medicine. Is it safe ?

Hi Doctor I am AAAA, my son is 2 years and 4 month old. he is suffering from constipation right from birth. at the age of 1 yr the problem was not much serios, in fact he use to pass stool twice daily. But since 10 month he is facing sever consipation. I am giving him cremaffine (5 ml) since 10 months and sorbollin ( liver tonic) since 4 month. i had given him dulcolex suppositories also for 1 month continuously and occasionally when required. now a day inspite of giving cremaffin he is not responding. he is developing fever every month since 3 months. i also want to mention that during passing of stool, the stool come out in the form of a hard round ball insted of its usual shape (long cylidrical form) and this i am noticing since 11 months. can you please tell me is it safe to give a small child this long treatment of cremaffine. can u please tell me the effective treatment of constipation, i alwase try to give him high fiber diet. My email ID is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013