Suffering from constipation. Advised to use lactifibre powder. Can I use this powder? Will it cause any side effects?

ok.Actually i have the constipation problem. Even my uncle have the same and the doctor have suggested him to use lactifibre powder for the same after making all the body checkups for him.Now my uncle have suggested me to use the same. on that bottle its written that people with intestinal obstruction,feacal impaction ,colonic atony or those with known hypersensitivity to ispagula or lactitol should not use it as such. But i does nt know whether i have anyof the above.So can i use this medicine or not.Will it cause any side effects if i use it
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012