Suffering from constant wheezing, asthma. On seretide. Does coastline heavily effect?

I am a 32 year old male suffering from constant wheezing / asthama since 10 years and i am on a dose of seretide 125 mg daily . For four years I worked in the middle east(saudi arabia) and i never had an attack nor was there a need for inhalers.I have asked this question to a couple of doctors but the only answer i get is that you stay near the coastline in and more over in an indian metropolitan city with high levels of pollutions.This has always puzzled me since even in the middle east i stayed near the coast line with frequent dust storms . What might be the actual reason?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013