Suffering from cold, took steam for 2 weeks, nose bleeding. Any damage?

I recently had a cold and on a daily basis I inhaled hot steam from a large bowl with my head under a towel to keep in the steam. I did this daily for about 2 weeks, and for about half an hour per session. The problem is that I noticed a strange smell from the bowl, but ignored it out of desperation to get better quickly. On reflection, I realised that I had recently soaked the plastic bowl with Dettol liquid to clean it, and must not have rinsed it thoroughly. From day to day inhalation , the smell became weaker an weaker. I have stopped the steam sessions now. My nose is quite stuffy and I have a nose bleed every few days. (My nose may have been bleeding prior to these sessions - I just can t remember - I had recently undergone a nasal endoscopy which irritated it). Is it likely that regularly inhaling a small amount of Dettol diluted with a large bowl of boiling water has done any permanent damage to my nasal cavities?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013