Suffering from cold, numbness in left arm, no fever or vomiting. X-ray of chest, EKG normal. Cure?

I have had a cold for about a week and a half now. three or four days ago, my left arm would go numb when I coughed. I do not have a really bad cough, but still there. No fever, or vomiting. Went to ER two days ago. visisting doctor took xray of chest - this was clear, blood work done and it looked good too. Ekg was done and it was good also. What could be the problem? When I get up and move around and exert myself the numbness and such is there. Help?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013