Suffering from cold, mild cough, nasal discharge, sore throat. Due to bacteria or virus?

Hello, I am a male, 31 years old and rarely ill. I had a cold for a few days, just a light cough and runny nose , then it started to get better but then suddenly it got worse. For the last 4 days I have had a sore throat , the cough is much worse and keeping me up at night, I have difficulty swallowing , a runny, congested nose and now my right eye is swelling up and looks a bit like pink eye. Do you think this is bacterial or a virus? Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012