Suffering from cold hands, dry skin on palms. Using gel warmers. Cure for symptoms?

COLD HANDS... I have freezing cold hands all the time, I feel awful because I have a young infant that I need to care for and I m constantly shocking him. Tried washing w/ warm water before getting him, not always practical and my hands dry out. I have a few gel warmers that I use... any other tips as to why my hands are always so Cold and what can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response

Many individuals have this peripheral cold extremities. In most of the cases it is normal.
Excess sweating may cause cold hands.
You may rub both the palms of your hand before handling the child.
This with improve the peripheral circulation and warm your hands.