Suffering from cold and flu, with constant cough and sore throat. Developed swelling in pallet of mouth. What could this be?

I have been fighting a cold/ flu for a month now. Runny nose , congestion, slight fever at times...all come and go. However coughing and sore throat to an extent has remained constant from day one. Early on I went through the worst of it and even tried a Z-Pack that helped but now it lingers. Yesterday I noticed that my left top pallet of my mouth was starting to swell in the center of the left pallet. It causes some pain and my left top teeth are slightly painful as well. What could this be and what can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013