Suffering from cold, allergy, throat itching, breathing difficulty. Shall i stop taking medicines?

i was suffering form cold, allergy,throat itching etc for a long time.and few times i got some breathing difficulty.so i met a doctor who is a allergy & astma specialist. he asked me to take telekast f everyday night and to have a spray called duonase. after starting these medicine iam completely relieved my sickness.now 2 months i had taken medicines. again doctor asked me to continue these medicines for next 4 months.many are advising to stop this medicins.what shall i do? is there any side effects for these medicins?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
THESE ARE ALL SAFE MEDICINES YOU CAN CONTINUE FOR LONG AND CAN TAKE OFF AND ON AS MANY TIMES AS YOU NEED
BUT THESE CAN PREVENT NOT CURE THE DISEASE
YOU HAVE TO TREAT ALLERGIES AFTER FINDING CAUZSE YOUR ALLERGEOLOGIST CAN TELL YOU THE PROCEDURE
I ADVISE YOU TO APPLY NEOMYCIN H EYE OINTMENT IN NOSE BD AND SEA WATER DROPS 2 DROPS AT NIGHT IN EACH NOSE
THESE CAN BE USED AS PREVENTORS FOR CONTROLLING TH ALLERGIC COLD